This page is maintained by Chief Steve Allender of the Rapid City, SD Police Department. It is not an official means of Department communication. It is a blog that may contain opinions not endorsed by the City of Rapid City.
Here’s the “thank goodness for lawyers” version of what I just said:
Rapid City Social Media Web Site Comments Policy
The purpose of this site is to present matters of public interest in Rapid City, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
Once posted, the City of Rapid City reserves the right to delete inappropriate comments. This list is for illustrative purposes only and is not an exclusive list:
Personal attacks of any kind
- Offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group.
- Spam or include links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Use personally identifiable medical information
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Rapid City government or its administration and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the City of Rapid City Community Resources Director at 605-394-4136.